At guide-ethiopia.com, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
guide-ethiopia.com is the website of the Yalew Tafete, tour guide in Ethiopia. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website or contact us, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to evi @ pangolin.li (website administrator).
Information we collect from you
When you register with our site, or contact us by email or by using a web form, we may collect personal information you are sharing about you including but not limited to: contact information, such as your name, email address, home or other physical address and any other information you choose to provide e.g. as part of enquiry.
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Information we collect automatically
How we use the information we collect
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries or requests;
- Provide you with information you request from us and promotional materials regarding our projects;
- Engage in marketing activities;
- Improve the content on our site based on inputs and feedback of our users;
- Prevent fraudulent activity.
guide-ethiopia.com currently do not send newsletters or mass mailings for marketing purposes. Please visit our homepage or our facebook site for information about updates to our site.
How we store the information we collect
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. We use industry standard measures and precautions provided by our website hosting provider and the website software to protect and secure the personal data we store and process. Our site and the corresponding databases are hosted, operated and stored in Switzerland. A backup is stored in a Dropbox account.
User and personal data submitted by you are kept for up to 10 years.
How we share the information collected
We may share personal information about you in the following situations.
- You send us personal information in a enquiry via the website: This information will be sent to Yalew, with a copy to the webmaster.
- You send information to Yalew directly, via email once you book a tour: This information may be used to provide guide services (e.g. accommodation bookings, flight bookings etc.)
- You visit our facebook site either by clicking a link on our website or directly: We may see anything you decide to share with us on our facebook site or elsewhere on facebook, but will not store this information in our systems.
- If you explicitly request or authorise us to do so, or as otherwise required by law.
How you can access, change or delete the information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you wish to review, change or delete the information we hold about you, please email us at evi @ pangolin.li.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.