Sample itinerary: Bahir Dar & Gondar
This trip includes the historic cities of Bahir Dar and Gondar, and can be complemented by a trip of variable length to the Simien Mountains:
- Day 1: Arrival and pick-up at Bahir Dar Airport, visit the impressive Blue Nile Falls, and, time permitting, Bezait Palace overlooking the Nile and Lake Tana.
- Day 2: Boat trip on Lake Tana, admire monasteries founded in 6th and 7th Century AC.
- Day 3: Car transfer to Gondar (180 km, 2.5 hours), explore Gondar Castle (17th Century), Debre Berhan Selassie church with murals, Fasilidas’ Bath and Empress Mentewab’s Palace.
- Day 4: Transfer to Simien Mountains National Park, start of customised itinerary (see here)
- Day x: Return to Gondar, connection to onward programme, e.g. flight to Axum or Lalibela, or return to Addis Abeba.